1. It’s notable for Socrates’ response.
“I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.”
2. “The greatest reward in becoming a millionaire is not the amount of money that you earn. It is the kind of person that you have to become to become a millionaire.” — Jim Rohn
3. “When you are young, work to learn, not to earn.” — Robert Kiyosaki
4. “The key secret to success is not excessive expertise, but the ability to use it. Knowledge is worthless unless it is applied.” — Max Lukominskyi
5. “The world gives to the givers and takes from the takers.” — Joe Polish
6. “All failed companies are the same: they failed to escape competition.” — Peter Thiel
7. “Never go to sleep without a request to your subconscious.” — Thomas Edison
8. “You pile up enough tomorrows, and you’ll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays.” — Meredith Willson
9. “The only way I’ve found to get over this is to sit with the discomfort. Like most creatives, I’m at my best when there’s a bit of fear and a lot of discomfort thrown into the mix. Being alone with my own thoughts is truly frightening, but truly necessary.” — Paul Jarvis
10. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” — Mahatma Gandhi
11. “To believe in something, and not to live it, is dishonest.”
“You are what you repeatedly do.” - Aristotle
12. “When you think abundantly, the world is your oyster. There is limitless opportunity and possibility for you.” - Benjamin P. Hardy
13. Charlie Munger once said, “I constantly see people rise in life who are not the smartest, sometimes not even the most diligent, but they are learning machines. They go to bed every night a little wiser than they were when they got up and boy does that help, particularly when you have a long run ahead of you”
14. “Don’t dare to be different, dare to be yourself — if that doesn’t make you different then something is wrong,” says Laura Baker
15. Oscar Wild once said, "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."
16. “There are only two types of speakers in the world. 1. The nervous and 2. Liars.”– Mark Twain
17. Einstein once said, “Compounding is the greatest mathematical discovery of all time.”
18. “A private victory always precedes a public victory.” — Stephen R. Covey
19. “When a man makes his thoughts pure, he no longer desires impure food.” — James Allen
20. “Comparison is the thief of joy” — Theodore Roosevelt
21. Corrie ten Boom says “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.”
22. “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.” — Albert Einstein
23. As Leonardo da Vinci has said, “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”
24. “If I fail more than you, I win.” — Seth Godin
25. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” — Chinese Proverb
26. As Michael Jordan has said, “Once I made a decision, I never thought about it again.”
27. “For where there is dread there is boldness!
Where there is NO FEAR… there is just OVER CONFIDENCE.” – Ayushi Singh
28. “Lord, protect me from my friends; I can take care of my enemies.” Voltaire, 1694-1778
29. “As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round.” - Ben Hogan
30. "Go as far as you can see and you will see further."-Zig Ziglar
31. “There is only one way to learn. It’s through action.”— Paulo Coelho
32. As the old couplet says: "Once I did bad and that I heard ever ‘Twice I did good, but that I heard never."
33. “Alice: Which way should I go?
Cat: That depends on where you are going.
Alice: I don’t know.
Cat: Then it doesn’t matter which way you go.”
— Lewis Carroll
34. “When the student is ready the teacher will appear. When the student is truly ready, the teacher will disappear.” — Lao Tzu
35. “Every next level of your life will demand a different you.” -Leonardo DiCaprio
36. “When you want wisdom and insight as badly as you desired that breath of air, then you shall have it,” Socrates replied
37. “Anyone who stops learning is old whether at 20 or 80. Anyone who keeps learning stays strong.” — Henry Ford
38. “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, you don’t ask what seat. You just get on.” —Eric Schmidt
39. “Words are free.
It’s how you use them that may cost you.”
40. He who has a thousand friends has not a friend to spare and he who has one enemy will meet him everywhere- Ali Ibn AabiTalib
41. “Writing a book is a horrible, exhausting struggle, like a long bout of some painful illness. One would never undertake such a thing if one were not driven on by some demon whom one can neither resist nor understand.” -George Orwell
42. “All of humanity’s problems stem from man’s inability to sit quietly in a room alone” — Blaise Pascal
43. “Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure.” - Napoleon Hill
44. “What’s money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.” -Bob Dylan
45. “Someone once told me the definition of Hell: The last day you have on earth, the person you became will meet the person you could have become.” - Anonymus
46. Alexander Pope: Men must be taught as if you taught them not And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
47. Galileo said: You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him to find it within himself.
48. “I was born here and I’ll die here… against my will.” –Bob Dylan
49. “As dreams that were momentous by night may seem simply silly in the light of day, so the poet and the prophet can discover themselves playing the idiot before a jury of sober eyes.” –Joseph Campbell
50. “The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.” –Albert Einstein
51. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” –Jim Rohn
52. “Technology is a useful servant but a dangerous master.” –Christian Lous Lange
53. Lincoln said that "a drop of honey catches more flies than a gallon of gall."
54. “Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.” — Bruce Lee
55. “Give me a place to stand, and I shall move the Earth.”— Archimedes
56. “It’s not about the cards you’re dealt, but how you play the hand.” ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
57. Mark Twain quote, “I’ve had many worries in my life, most of which never happened.”
58. “All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” — Mark Twain
59. The legendary French aviation pioneer and author Antoine de Saint-Exupery wrote: "I have no right to say or do anything that diminishes a man in his own eyes.
60. And Napoleon replied, "Men are ruled by toys."